Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Gold Price Should be $5,000 or $10,000 and It Will be

Hopefully the commercials find that the game is getting less and less profitable, and ultimately we let the physical surplus of demand over supply determine the price. This would be very exciting because it’s not hard to imagine the price easily getting to $2,000. Of course there has been lots analysis done out there, whether it’s money supply or real inflation, on what the price of gold should be, and you get to $5,000 and $10,000, and I think that will all play out.

You know I look back and gold bonds used to be issued in the 1800s. And I saw an example of a gold bond that was issued in 1888. It had a 6 percent coupon, payable in gold. And I did the calculations of compounding the interest rate, compounding of the price of gold that has risen, and that $1,000 bond was worth $60 million today.

And I thought, you know what? That’s the story of gold -- that it protects you in (dangerous) environments, and it gives you this huge, outsized return, not withstanding these massively violent, brutal attacks, where everyone is trying to get you to stand away from the market. I hope all your (readers and) listeners have resilience, stay the course, and continue to buy as I will be buying, and I look forward to some wonderful returns going forward.

- Source, Eric Sprott via King World News